Who is Served?
You are served if a child or teenager in the family is experiencing serious mental health, behavioral, or relational challenges.
Why is this Service Offered?
The Family Based Program is a strengths-based approach to treatment that facilitates improved family relationships in order to successfully navigate life’s challenges and prevent out of home placement.
What is the Service?
- You and your family will meet with your team (a professionally credentialed clinician and a mental health worker) in your home to listen to your concerns and develop collaborative treatment plan goals.
- Your team will meet with you together as a family each week, as well as individually. Additional sessions with parents/ caregivers or other family members will occur as needed.
- Your team will help you and your family identify areas of desired change and help you develop a plan to enact these changes with support.
- Your family will also receive assistance in obtaining additional resources and support to meet medical, social, academic, and financial needs.
- The team will arrange for you to see a PATH child psychiatrist, if indicated.
- If indicated, you will meet with the psychiatrist who will complete an evaluation and may prescribe medication for you.
- You may continue to see both the psychiatrist for medication appointments and see the clinician for therapy.
Psychiatric services are provided at 1919 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111
A clinician is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week for crisis.
You are eligible to receive services if:
- You reside in Philadelphia and your child has Medical Assistance (MA).
- Your child has had a psychiatric or psychological evaluation within the past 45 days recommending Family Based Services. The person or agency completing the evaluation and referral should submit the packet to the Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health. We can help you arrange for this evaluation and referral.
- The Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health has approved this service for you and your family.
“You really have a sense of comfort in knowing you have the needed assistance right there at your fingertips.”
Mother of L.S., individual receiving Family Based Services
Please call 215-728-4635
to obtain additional information.