Who is Served?
The CMCT serves children/youth who are experiencing a significant behavioral health crisis.
Ages served: youth up to age 18 (or up to age 21 if involved in a child serving system).
Why is this Service Offered?
CMCT’s primary goal is to resolve the crisis so that your child can remain safely in their home and community.
What is the Service?
- Your or your child’s team includes a behavioral health crisis worker and a family advocate.
- The team will:
- Meet with your child and your family in your home, or school, or community to listen to your/your child’s concerns and understand more about your crisis experience.
- Provide intensive crisis interventions and de-escalation techniques to help resolve the crisis your child is are experiencing.
- Conduct an assessment that includes a discussion about your strengths, supports, and resources.
- Complete a risk assessment to review safety concerns.
- Develop a safety plan with you and your family.
- Provide links to appropriate resources, as needed.
- Follow up with you and your family after the initial crisis response.
The maximum length for this service is 72 hours
CMCT services are provided in your home, your child’s school, or your community.
Other programs typically operate during these hours but also offer on-call services to individuals assigned to these programs. On-call procedures are given to individuals in these programs when they begin receiving these services. Some specialized programs have expanded hours but these are only available to individuals served in these programs, not to everyone seeking general mental health or substance use disorder services.
The Philadelphia Crisis Line (PCL) is available 24/7 by telephone – 215-685-6440
You are eligible to receive services if:
- Your child resides in Philadelphia.
- Your child is experiencing a behavioral health crisis that requires immediate support.
- The Philadelphia Crisis Line – PCL: (215) 685-6440 – has pre-approved this service for you and your family.
Please call 215-728-4395
to obtain additional information.