Who is Served?
You are served if you are an adult with an intellectual disability who needs assistance in finding a job.
Why is this Service Offered?
The Community Integrated Employment Service helps you to become as independent as possible by helping you to find and keep a job.
What is the Service?
- You will meet with a Job Coach who will talk to you about any work experiences you may have had in the past, as well as any interests you have that could help you to obtain a new job.
- You and your Job Coach will talk about where you might wish to work and when you are available to work.
- If needed, you and your Job Coach will also talk with your family or those close to you about how they can help support you to be successful at work.
- You and your Job Coach will review job sites and other methods to help you find a job you might be interested in doing.
- You and your Job Coach will prepare your resume for a prospective employer and together you will go on job interviews.
- Once you are offered and accepted a position, your Job Coach will work with you at your new job to assure that your first days on the job are as smooth as possible.
- Your Job Coach will work with you and your employer until you are comfortable on your job and your employer is comfortable with your performance without the assistance of your Job Coach.
- If your tasks change or your supervisor changes, your Job Coach will be available to help you learn the new tasks and help you keep the job.
- Your job coach can be available to you if you search for a new job in the future.
- Your Job Coach will also work with you and other appropriate agencies to coordinate care and to assure authorizations for services.
Services are provided in the community, in your home, or wherever assistance and support is required.
On-the-job service is provided wherever you are working.
On-The-Job Service – Whenever you are working.
You are eligible to receive services if:
- You have an intellectual disability, you reside in Pennsylvania, and are registered with the Office of Developmental Programs with funds available to be used for employment support.
- These funds allow PATH to provide employment services to you with no cost to you or your family.
Please call 215-728-4562
to obtain additional information.