Who is Served?
Your family is served if your child between the ages of 5 and 17 years old is experiencing mental health or behavior problems.
PATH clinicians receive training in Traum Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and are a designated Evidenced Based Provider through CBH.
Why is this Service Offered?
The Outpatient Program helps you and your family build upon your strengths so you will be able to successfully meet life’s challenges.
What is the Service?
- You and your family will meet privately with a professionally credentialed clinician who will listen to your concerns.
- The clinician will help you and your family identify areas in your life and ways you relate to each other that you would like to change.
- You, your family, and the clinician will develop a plan to achieve these changes.
- The plan will usually include the clinician meeting regularly with your child individually as well as meeting with you as a family.
- You and your family will be supported by the clinician as you take actions to bring about these changes.
- The clinician will arrange for your child to see a PATH child psychiatrist, if indicated.
- You and your child will meet with the child psychiatrist who will complete an evaluation and may prescribe medication for your child, if indicated.
- You may continue to see both the child psychiatrist for medication appointments and see the clinician for therapy.
Services are provided in the community, in your home, or wherever assistance and support is required.
You are eligible to receive services if:
- You reside in Philadelphia, and you have Medical Assistance (MA).
- You reside in PATH’s service area, and you do not have health insurance.
- If you have any other health insurance, please call PATH to determine your eligibility.
“At last someone who heard me and is supporting me.”
Grandmother of Daniel, receiving services at PATH
Please call 215-728-4565
to obtain additional information.