Navigation: Services » Intellectual Disabilities » Vocational Habilitation
Vocational Habilitation Program
Program Director: Alan Ehrlich, MA
Who is served?
You are served if you are an adult with intellectual disabilities who is in need of vocational supports and training, and you are not yet ready or interested in working in a job in the community.
Why is the service offered?
The Vocational Habilitation program helps you to learn vocational skills so that you will become as independent as possible in your work skills. Once you are comfortable, you can work with our employment services to obtain a job in the community.
What is the service?
- You will meet privately with professional staff to develop a plan that establishes your vocational goals and objectives for the year.
- You will work in a safe, comfortable, well supervised and supportive workplace modeled after the factory environments of area manufacturers.
- Within this setting, you will work on tasks such as: hand and machine assembly, heat sealing and shrink wrapping, drilling, gluing, sorting, packaging, labeling and occasional clerical jobs.
- You will also work with professional staff to develop your social skills so that you can work cooperatively with others while on the job and in future work settings.
- You will be paid for this work in keeping with the United States Department of Labor standards.
- This service is licensed by Pennsylvania’s Department of Public Welfare/Office of Developmental Programs.
9215 Keystone Street, Northeast Philadelphia, PA 19114.
When is the service available?
Monday to Friday - 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
You are eligible to receive services if:
- You reside in Pennsylvania and are registered with Philadelphia Intellectual Disabilities Services (IDS). If you are not registered, PATH staff can help connect you with this governmental agency so that you can become registered.
- You receive approval from Philadelphia Intellectual Disabilities Services and PATH receives
authorization from Philadelphia Intellectual Disabilities Services at Pennsylvania Office of Developmental Programs (ODP)
- This authorization allows PATH to provide this vocational service to you with no cost to you or your family.
Please call 215-624-1862 to schedule an appointment or obtain additional information.
Click Here for PATH Independence Industries website