Navigation: Employment » Jobs Available
Community Job Trainer
Type: Full Time (37.5 hours)
To promote the mission of PATH to help individuals achieve a more independent and fulfilling life by being an effective team member. Acts as a liaison between employers and employees with disabilities as well as effectively supporting people to successfully obtain and maintain employment. Assists in information gathering, employment exploration, and employment support for people with all types and severity of disabilities. Provides on-the-job training and follow along services. Jobs may be in all areas of Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs. Hours vary including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Gathers information about job seekers’ interests, skills, experiences, & needs
- Assists people in exploring job options by accompanying & supporting them at assessments in businesses as needed
- Engages in job development activities to assist people obtain employment
- Provides individualized on-site and off-site supports to people working which may include vocational counseling, on-the job training, and follow along supports
- Provides employment related skill development, transportation training, money management, medical support/medication monitoring, hygiene support, and interpersonal skill training
- Provides on-the-job training at a variety of business settings, performing any number of jobs. Jobs may include sitting, standing, and walking for long periods of time, lifting and carrying of heavy materials in all types of environments.
- Assists in the development of naturally occurring supports at job site
- Explores, creates, researches and/or implements job accommodations and adaptations as needed
- Interacts & communicates with family members, significant others, employers, & other community agencies effectively
- Monitors authorized hours for those being served
- Completes progress notes for each billable service
- Completes monthly progress reports as well as other reports required by funding agencies
- Provides 70% billable activities to individuals being served
- Works cooperatively with department members
- Serves on interdisciplinary team as the CIE Representative during the ISP process.
- Writes incident reports, as needed, and submits them to supervisor.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Two years experience preferred in Rehabilitation, Human Resources, Sales, or Employment Counseling. Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle required. Proficient at Microsoft Office Programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with diverse types of people and representatives from business and industry in appropriate manner. Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate training needs of individuals receiving services.
Community Integrated Employment in Northeast Philadelphia, as well as city-wide and suburban locations.
37.5 Hours per Week
$21,977 annually ($11.27 per hour)